Wednesday, November 14, 2012

River - a dream come true.


I remember when I was pregnant with River 17 years ago. I remember when we decided to name her River even when I was only a few months pregnant. Everyone thought we were crazy. We had lots of naysayers and "she will hate you if you name her that" - but we knew. We knew without a shadow of a doubt that River would be her name. Now I liked the middle name Jordon and Juan liked the middle name Rebecca and of course I bent to Juan's will as I did with all the children's names and Rebecca it was which I loved anyways. River Rebecca Galloway. Before she was born I dreamed about what she would be like. I had an idea in my mind. It was actually from an old silly camp movie I saw once. One of the camp councilors had long kinda curly hair. Wore sort of natural hippy necklace and had a deep soul. Beautiful and sweet but deep. For some reason I pictured River may be a bit like this one day as I placed my hand on my stomach and prayed for her. 

This past Sunday River was asked by our friend who pastor's Cranford Alliance Church to lead worship for the Sunday morning service. I had a cough in the morning and Juan told me to stay home and rest but my first reaction was the words I would have to be a cold dead body on the floor to miss this. When I arrived at the church where she had been practicing she was filled with grace, poise and confidence. I asked her "are you nervous?" She threw her head back and laughed "No Mama!" It brought me back to the many times people have asked me if I was nervous before I preached. I always said "No Way, I can't wait!" She had that same excitement and confidence that comes from the Lord when moving in the sweet spot of your gifting or calling. Of course it was beyond amazing. Unique in style and filled with the Holy Spirits power and love. The way she gave our her stylized vocals, the way she was playing, the way she was prophetic in her singing and also leading the congregation into the presence of God while demonstrating the love of Jesus with her words and tone. I had tears in my eyes.

I am so proud of the woman that River has become. 



Here are links for you to watch River:


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, smart, amazing woman your little River Rebecca has become! We love her too!

    ReplyDelete