Sunday, April 14, 2013





So today has been a BIG day! Today is the day we celebrated my daughter Hailey Summer Galloway's Sweet Sixteen! She is a wonderfully beautiful young woman who has a heart after Jesus and we could not be more proud of her. We picked up this jazzy, fun outfit in a hip local thrift-store called Progress yesterday for her big day. Today Juan took her into New York City to see Spiderman on Broadway. We had won free tickets just in time for her birthday. Yay! Hailey is a big comic book fan and this was just the perfect surprise for her.


I am in awe of how she is growing into a woman of God. It is such an adjustment for me to see her do everything for herself so perfectly. I find myself asking over an over again "can I help you with that" to which she always responds kindly "no mom, I've got it" and she does. She is becoming more and more of a person who can stand on her own two feet and I know I can trust her. I know that she prays...a lot, and reads her bible... a lot, and wants to be pleasing to Jesus in all that she does. (So thankful for that) She is teachable. She is helpful. She is responsible. She is caring. She is patient. She is humble. She is wise. She is smart. She is pretty. She is funny. She is joyful. She is full of peace. In fact I hoped one day she would thrive in the qualities of the scripture below when I wrote to her a letter almost a year and half ago. And now I have to say as I am just realizing this as I type this blog. She does. She is a Galatians 5:22 woman. 

Galatians 5:22 says:

 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,

 long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

  gentleness and self-control."


I see all of these things in our lovely Hailey blossoming like a flower in Spring and it is a thrill to behold. 

Happy Sweet Sixteen Hay Hay, we LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment