Monday, February 9, 2015



I am amazed at the Lord. I am amazed at how His hand is upon the pen that is continuing to write my life story. It is a wonderful thing to follow Jesus into what ever adventure He calls you to. Yes, there are years of sitting and waiting, years of suffering, years of nothing special happening at all even. But overall, when I look back at my 42 years of life thus far. I am amazed. Amazed at His hand holding me up when I can not stand on my own. His direction when I feel lost. His patience when I feel like I can not wait another day. His blessings and unmerited favor that I am still surprised by. Jesus is Good. Really Good. He never promised I would not suffer, but I know that when I do suffer, I am not alone. Never alone. My prayer is that when suffering comes, that I may suffer well. He is always with me. Yet, in the midst of possible suffering always looming on the horizon, wether it be health challenges, or difficult situations that rear their ugly head, I am excited that 2015 is actually the "Year of Jubilee"



The Jubilee (Hebrew yovel יובל) year is the year at the end of seven cycles of shmita (Sabbatical years), and according to Biblical regulations had a special impact on the ownership and management of land in the Land of Israel; there is some debate whether it was the 49th year (the last year of seven sabbatical cycles, referred to as the Sabbath's Sabbath), or whether it was the following (50th) year. Jubilee deals largely with land, property, and property rights. According to Leviticus, slaves and prisoners would be freed, debts would be forgiven and the mercies of God would be particularly manifest. Leviticus 25:8-13 

 I am excited to see what the Lord has next for me, my family, our churches, our ministry, our country and the world in this "Year of Jubilee" that some say is set to start this Fall. Jesus is holding the pen and may I let His love and mercy flow through me continually into the next chapter of our lives here on earth. 

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment